Sunday, February 28, 2010

Must Try Harder

No this is not a reference to getting down to the plots, that's very much dictated by the weather at the moment, and as my Sunningdale plot currently looks like a small version of the Great Lakes, I'm not even going near the Bracknell one.
No the must try harder refers to maintaining propper records of sowing times and results. I was trying to work out when I sowed the onion sets in modules last year but can't find any reference to it. I might leave it another couple of weeks with the aim of planting out in late April - I must remember I need 3 weeks between treating the Bracknell plot with Armatilatox and planting out.
Despite all the rain, and it was last nights downpour that flooded the Sunningdale plot I have been able to get somethings done. I've managed to sort part of the top end of the Sunningdale plot out, allowing me to construct another compost bin. This means I've been able to move all the leaf mold to this one, and turn all the rest of the compost into the bay this freed up. The end result is I have 2 turned heaps and a completely spare bay.
I've also managed to complete all the weeding which has also revealed I can't remember what the middle row in the over-wintering onions bed is; other than it's an allium of some kind.

No comments: