Monday, March 27, 2006

Much needed rain

Why do we always complain about the weather? When its dry as it has been we always complainwe haven't any rain and when it rains we complain because it's not dry and it stops us getting on.
So it's been this weekend.
Saturday I managed to get one side of the pea cage assembled, then down came the rain and forced a halt to proceedings. I was then fored back into my workshop to resaw enough timber to create the rest of the cage.
Sunday morning was again dry and I started it the same way as I had done on Saturday, by sifting another 3 builders barrows of soil nto the raised bed in the greenhouse - I guess I'm about half done now. Then it was back to the pea cage.
With this completed I put in the row of peas and assembled the cage about them. I also managed to sow a row of carrots next to the onions.
After lunch, and my wife has had enough of the kids squabbing so I'm forced to take my son with me down to my father-in-law's allotment - they're turning about half of it over to me this year so I've got some digging to do. Of couse as I pull up there's to first sign of the arriving rain on my windscreen. Still press on. I managed about 40 minutes before the rain drove me back to my mother-in-laws for a cup of coffee.
Here's hoping next weekend is dryer - it can rain at night.
Oh and a name check for my wife, Elisabeth, since she complain I'd named the kids and not her good self. Happy Now?

No comments: